Nicole Quinn is a partner and investor at Lightspeed Venture Partners, a venture capital firm that is engaged in the consumer, enterprise, technology, and cleantech markets. Some of Nicole’s investments include Calm, Goop, Rothy’s, Cameo, Brandable, Girlboss, Illumix, Zola, Daily Harvest & Lady Gaga’s Haus Labs.
You can follow Nicole Here on Twitter. If you are a founder and working on something innovative, have a question you’d like to hear VCs or founders answer on the show you can DM and follow the host @mikegelb. You can also follow for episode announcements @consumervc.
In this episode you will learn –
- What attracted Nicole to early-stage investing from Morgan Stanley? Why she shifted from angel investing to joining Lightspeed? Her personal mission of venture capital becoming more inclusive to women founders.
- How she thinks about the successful qualities of a founder and how she assesses founder-market fit? How you know when a company has found product-market fit? In the due diligence process, how do you assess if the product is solving a real problem?
- The challenges and metrics she pays attention to when evaluating consumer startups? The major turn offs or deal breakers from startups when they pitch their business to Nicole?
- Her thoughts about the future of media and the transition from an advertising model to a subscription model? What trends in media and consumer that she is most focused on?
- How she thinks about price in the diligence process? Some of the changes that need to happen in venture capital?
- Consumer trends that she’s focused on? What’s one of your favorite books that has impacted you both personally and professionally? What is one company that she should have invested in but didn’t? One piece of advice for founders of consumer companies?
If you would like to follow along you can click “Subscribe” on the Apple podcast app or whichever platform you are listening on. If you enjoyed the episode, feel free to also leave a review. You are also to see all episodes here and learn more at www.theconsumervc.com and follow Mike on Twitter or Instagram